Italy...


Tuesday, July 11, 2006



Lippi hints he will stay in job
Marcello Lippi has hinted that he will carry on as coach of Italy after leading the nation to World Cup glory.
The 58-year-old's contract ends later this month and reports in the Italian media suggested he would step down.
But Lippi said: "I have never said I will stop but I have a meeting on Tuesday with the Italian Football Federation so we will see. When someone gets to 70 or 68 or 65 they might decide to call it a day but I intend to continue in my work." Lippi added: "Whatever my next job is, whether it's with the national team or not, I hope to have the same relationship with the players that I have had here. It is beautiful to win important titles and when you reach the top, you realise how hard it was to get there and how fantastic it would be to discover new emotions and incentives."
The former Juventus coach was recently linked with a move to Manchester United as a potential successor to Sir Alex Ferguson. But Lippi was quick to reject the speculation - citing his lack of English as his reason for not moving to the Premiership - and United also denied the rumours.
On the eve of the World Cup final between Italy and France, Lippi said that in "15-20 days" his future would be revealed. The final finished 1-1 before Italy won the shoot-out 5-3 and Lippi described the victory as "the most satisfying moment of my life".

Posted by Samvit :: 3:17 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------